Saturday, August 1, 2009

cheating = inevitable?

my bff mentioned that a guy will always have 3 ladies in their lives.

hmmmm mother, daughter and wife?

wrong, : wife, mistress and whore.

lately... i am starting to find evidence that a great percentage of the population cheat. and it got me thinking that when i get married, i need to get married accepting the fact that cheating is inevitable. great. a perfect thought to have walking down that virgin road with my dad walking next to me. (by the way they should stop calling that little path the virgin road for obvious reasons.)

so this discussion about cheating went on for a while.

that, at times cheating isn't really personal, but it just 'happens' because we want to escape from our mundane routine and add that thrill factor to our lives. that money can support the act of cheating, that sexual chemistry overpowers morality. etc etc etc.

later that night, i tell my mom about this conversation. and i tell her some stats about the population of cheaters in my workplace, etc. and she goes:

'it's too bad you couldn't get married before you started realizing all these things!'

we both laugh. and ate our dinner.

i'll consider it lucky if i can find someone that will never cheat. and. he will consider it lucky if i never cheat!!

>_<

2 comments:

  1. You know that it's a Japanese thing to call it "virgin road" yes? :)

    Anyways, I really hope you find someone who will not cheat on you. I like to think that there are still many out there that will not. (corssing my fingers) But I believe that once someone cheats, it's the end of the pre-existing relationship as you know it.

    But speaking of mother's wisdom, they are gold! Then again, I don't think it's bad thing to marry after you understand. We all need to know what's best or good for us. Both girls and guys. Good luck A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think cheating is more widely accepted, and even expected in Japan... 皆それに甘えてると思う。。

    Like Po-chan said, I believe that there are men out there who won't cheat.

    ReplyDelete